Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Importing Text File With DTS

Hello,
i'm trying to import a text file using DTS... I check the 'delimited'
checkbox to do it because the guy that sent me this file didn't padronized
very well the file.
It´s a large file, it has about to 70 columns to be imported, and thousands
of rows.
The problem is that the file has been sent to me like this:
column_name1 column_name2 column_name3]
data1 data2 data3
I can´t define a blankspace using the 'other' checkbox, because some of the
columns have more than one blankspace in between.
So, can I delimit the columns using some kind of wildcards or do I have to
manually padronize all the files?(I wouldn´t be so happy with that)
thanks in advance.Hi
What did you get after running the following query?
select * from OpenRowset('MSDASQL', 'Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt;
*.csv)};
DefaultDir=c:\FolderName;','select * from MytextFile.txt')
"b_bussoloti" <bbussoloti@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BCED83CA-A12A-4DE5-80B5-6EFACC63C2E2@.microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> i'm trying to import a text file using DTS... I check the 'delimited'
> checkbox to do it because the guy that sent me this file didn't padronized
> very well the file.
> It´s a large file, it has about to 70 columns to be imported, and
> thousands
> of rows.
> The problem is that the file has been sent to me like this:
> column_name1 column_name2 column_name3]
> data1 data2 data3
> I can´t define a blankspace using the 'other' checkbox, because some of
> the
> columns have more than one blankspace in between.
> So, can I delimit the columns using some kind of wildcards or do I have to
> manually padronize all the files?(I wouldn´t be so happy with that)
> thanks in advance.|||I´ve got an error:
Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
(The following text appears for me in Portuguease so i´ll try to translate it)
OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Source
data name not found and none default driver specified]
Any clues?
"Uri Dimant" wrote:
> Hi
> What did you get after running the following query?
> select * from OpenRowset('MSDASQL', 'Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt;
> *.csv)};
> DefaultDir=c:\FolderName;','select * from MytextFile.txt')
>
> "b_bussoloti" <bbussoloti@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BCED83CA-A12A-4DE5-80B5-6EFACC63C2E2@.microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> > i'm trying to import a text file using DTS... I check the 'delimited'
> > checkbox to do it because the guy that sent me this file didn't padronized
> > very well the file.
> > It´s a large file, it has about to 70 columns to be imported, and
> > thousands
> > of rows.
> > The problem is that the file has been sent to me like this:
> > column_name1 column_name2 column_name3]
> > data1 data2 data3
> >
> > I can´t define a blankspace using the 'other' checkbox, because some of
> > the
> > columns have more than one blankspace in between.
> > So, can I delimit the columns using some kind of wildcards or do I have to
> > manually padronize all the files?(I wouldn´t be so happy with that)
> > thanks in advance.
>
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment