Friday, March 30, 2012

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0

Yes, I have schema. I have also created database structure from XML
Schema. XML Schema is in such a way that it is not having annotation
suitlable for SQLXML.
You mentioned about loading XML into tables, but how do I update table
into database (I assume you mean Table datastruction in ADO.net)?
Thanks
NeoHello Neo,
Okay, so let me ask this: are you simply interested in loading the XML into
the database in some batch operation or do you both load the orginal data
into SQL Server and modify stored values from XML?
If it this is a simple ETL (former) case, SSIS would be my tool of choice.
If you're looking to both load and update from XML, SSIS is still usable,
but the solution might look a little different.
If you simply putting the XML into a XML-typed column, consider using openro
wset(bulk)
instead.
More details helpful. :)
Thanks!
Kent Tegels
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/

No comments:

Post a Comment