Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Importing to SQL Express using SSMSE

When I used Enterprise Manager it was very easy to import required tables from another server into my local MSDE server.

Now I am using SQL Express and SSMSE I cannot seem to find any other way of importing data other than creating the insert scripts manually which is a very painful and tediuos operation!

Can anyone advise if I have missed something and there is a way to import easily using SSMSE?

Thanks.......in hope

hi,

SSMSE does not provide the wizards included in SSIS or the like, so you have to do it "your way"...

this usually means BCP data in, use INSERT INTO scripts, connect to linked servers (ifa available) and INSERT..SELECT data in...

regards|||

Bums!

Oh well at least I know now.....

Thanks for the info ;-)

|||

I cannot seem to find any other way of importing data

You can import data (but not table definitions) using the DTSWizard. It is a simplied version of the Import/Export Wizard from Enterprise Manager.

It is located in: {installdirectory}\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTSWizrd.exe

|||When I look for the DTS Wizard in the location you specify, it isn't there!!

Man, it's frustrating not to have it...
|||

Download from here:

DTSWizard.exe
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65111

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment