Friday, March 30, 2012

Importing XML File via URL using MSSQL 2005

I have an XML file that is hosted on a mainframe web server. I need to read
the file via a URL and import this into my SQL database.
I'm fairly new to SQL 2005 but this seems to be a simple task. I've looked
at using the Import Export wizard but I don't see a simpl way to do this.
I've tried selecting "Flat File" as my data source but this does not seem to
be able to read XML. I've tried the SQLSML data sources but I don't think
this will work if the web server is not IIS.
Does anyone have any ideas?"Bryan" <Bryan@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:37B66D17-FE91-4CFD-B502-DB80BD2B8360@.microsoft.com...
>I have an XML file that is hosted on a mainframe web server. I need to
>read
> the file via a URL and import this into my SQL database.
> I'm fairly new to SQL 2005 but this seems to be a simple task. I've
> looked
> at using the Import Export wizard but I don't see a simpl way to do this.
> I've tried selecting "Flat File" as my data source but this does not seem
> to
> be able to read XML. I've tried the SQLSML data sources but I don't think
> this will work if the web server is not IIS.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
Write a SQLCLR function in C# or VB to retrieve the data from the web
server.

No comments:

Post a Comment