Friday, March 30, 2012

importing XML Data into SQL Server 2000

Hi All,
I need to import data from a large XML file.
I do not want to use XML Bulk upload or use ADO components.
I am looking for a way to use sql server scripts to open
this file through a ODBC driver , OpenRowset function.
Are there any ODBC or OLEDB drivers exist that can be used
in OpenRowset function ?
Not that I know of.
You may want to look at using a stored proc and OpenXML (although XML
Bulkload is more efficient).
Sorry.
Michael
"vaga" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:00a101c49b3b$9b4c2150$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi All,
> I need to import data from a large XML file.
> I do not want to use XML Bulk upload or use ADO components.
> I am looking for a way to use sql server scripts to open
> this file through a ODBC driver , OpenRowset function.
> Are there any ODBC or OLEDB drivers exist that can be used
> in OpenRowset function ?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment