Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Importing views from Oracle

I've been able to import tables successfully from Oracle
to a SQL Server database. However, when I try to import
views from Oracle it wants to import them as tables in
SQL Server. Any ideas how I can import views as views
from Oracle to SQL Server?
A view is a virtual table. Technically, to import just the
view you would only be importing the view definition, not
the data. Import the data and then create a view in SQL
Server.
-Sue
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:49:01 -0700, "Scott"
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've been able to import tables successfully from Oracle
>to a SQL Server database. However, when I try to import
>views from Oracle it wants to import them as tables in
>SQL Server. Any ideas how I can import views as views
>from Oracle to SQL Server?

No comments:

Post a Comment