Friday, March 30, 2012

Importing XML in SQL Server 2000 in .Net 2.0

Hello Kent,
I realized, I am having SQL Server 2000 for this problem, and not 2005
(To many projects I guess). So, SSIS won't be possible. Same goes for
XML typed column.
Is there option for bulk upload in SQL Server 2000.
Kent Tegels wrote:
> Hello Neo,
> Okay, so let me ask this: are you simply interested in loading the XML int
o
> the database in some batch operation or do you both load the orginal data
> into SQL Server and modify stored values from XML?
> If it this is a simple ETL (former) case, SSIS would be my tool of choice.
> If you're looking to both load and update from XML, SSIS is still usable,
> but the solution might look a little different.
> If you simply putting the XML into a XML-typed column, consider using open
rowset(bulk)
> instead.
> More details helpful. :)
> Thanks!
> Kent Tegels
> DevelopMentor
> http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/Hello Neo,
N> I realized, I am having SQL Server 2000 for this problem, and not
N> 2005 (To many projects I guess). So, SSIS won't be possible. Same
N> goes for XML typed column.
BCP or SQLXMLBulkLoad then. Not an easy problem to solve with those tools.
If you can use the .NET 2.0 framework, you might want to look into the SqlBu
lkCopy
class. That might help.
Thanks!
Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment